If you have already decided to appear for the civil services (IAS) Prelim 2013 then it’s time to prepare yourself as the online applications for civil service preliminary exam 2013 will start on 2-2-2013. Students who have been preparing for this exam shall be looking forward to the start of online application. But before that we shall be telling you about the Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2013 Eligibility And Syllabus . Many candidates shall be surely looking for this. So all the details are given below.
Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2013 Eligibility And Syllabus – Syllabus
As per the new pattern of exam , paper will be divided in to parts. The syllabus for the exam is given below :
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic
- Indian Polity and Governance- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-Diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Decision making and Problem solving General Mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation( charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.- Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills( Class X level)
Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2013 Eligibility And Syllabus – Eligibility
Age limit : Minimum age criteria is 21. Upper age limit is different for different category candidates which are given below.
General – 30 years
OBC – 33 years
Schedule caste and Schedule tribes – 35 years
Blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons – 40 years
Note : Upper age limit is as on 1st August of the year in which candidate is appearing for the exam so here it is 2013.
Nationality : The nationality criteria depends upon the post for which candidate is applying. So requirements are given below :
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
For any other services candidate must either be a :
- Citizen Of India
- Citizen of Nepal
- Citizen of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note 1 : Candidate belonging to 2,3,4 should have a certificate of eligibility as issued by the government of India in his favor.
Note 2 : Candidates belonging to categories 2,3,4 above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Educational Qualification required :
- Candidate must have a degree in any discipline from any recognized university of India.
- Final year students who will get a degree by 1 August, 2013 are also eligible to write the CSAT 2013.
- Candidates who have a distance education/open university degree are also eligible provided that university should be recognized.
- Degree can be in any distinction ( first, second , third )
Number Of attempts permitted :
For some candidates there is a limit on the number of times you can attempt IAS Exams (Civil Services exams).
Even attending to one paper of CSAT (IAS prelim exam) counts as an attempt.
Applying for CSAT (IAS prelim exam) but not attending for any paper DOES NOT count as an attempt
General : 04
OBC : 07
Physically Handicapped : 07
SC/ST : No limit on number of attempts
These are the Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2013 Eligibility And Syllabus . Candidates who wish to apply online for CSAT 2013 can check the link below.
All the best to candidates .