Current Affairs have always been an important part in the preparation for exams in any field or for being upto date with the latest trends and the rest of the world. Almost all the exams ( banking, upsc, ssc ) have a section for current affairs which highlights the fact how important is current affairs. The Current Affairs for January 2014 is out and you can download it in pdf format below.
- Bangladesh opposition leader Begum Khaleda Zia was allowed to leave her home after house arrest for two weeks.
- Ariel Sharon, Former minister of Israeli, passed away at the age of 85.
- Sheikh Hasina became the new prime minister for Bangladesh for third spell.
- The ₹ 3600 crore VVIP chopper deal between India and Agusta Westland was cancelled in wake of the allegations of corruption.
- India and Pakistan exchanged lists of their nuclear facilities as a part of a 1998 pact that bars them from attacking each other’s nuclear installation.
- INS Vikramaditya arrives in India from Russia.
- Danielle Steel receives the Legion of Honor, France’s highest award.
- Indian Diplomat Devyani Khobragade arrived at the New Delhi airport from New York following Indo-US diplomatic row.
- Mr Manmohan Singh inaugurated Terminal 2 at Chhatrapati Shivaji International.
- Indian Diplomat Devyani Khobragade arrived at New Delhi Following Indo-US diplomatic row.
- India would be declared Polio free in march by World Health Organization as it completes three years without any polio case.
- Sachin PIlot appointed as Congress chief in Rajasthan.
- Finance Minister P.Chidamaram announced that India’s current account defict this fiscal is around $50 billion.
- Suchitra Sen one of the known faces of Entairment Industry died at the age of 82.
- The seventh edition of jaipur Literature Festival started in Jaipur.
- Sunanda Pushkar,wife of minster of state for human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor, was found dead in a hotel under mysterious circumstances.
- A stampede occurred in Mumbai as thousands of mourners gathered for the last rites of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin,Spiritual leader of the dawoodi Bohra Muslim community.
- Senior IPS officer Aruna Bahuguna became the first woman chief of national police academy.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Called off his dharna against Delhi Police after his demands were full filled.
- The Delhi government has ordered an audit by the Comptroller and Audit General of General of private power companies.
- Former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa formally rejoined the BJP.
- AAP has won the trust vote in the Delhi State Legislature.
- AAP’s MS Dhir was elected as the Speaker of the Delhi Assembly.
- Gujarati poet Chinu Modi was conferred the Sahitya Akademi Award for the year 2013 for his poetry book “Khara Zaran”.
- India test-fired Nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile from Chandipur near Balasore.
- Indian GSLV-D5 with indigenous cryogenic engine successfully placed GSAT-14 communication satellites on orbit from Srihsrikota.
- The Election Commission aborted its proposed tie-up with Google over security concerns.
- Telugu actor Uday Kiran committed suicide at his home in Hyderabad.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated the Terminal 2 at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in India.
- Janet Yellen became the first woman to lead the Federal Reserve in its 100 year history.
- Social networking site Facebook has bought Bangalore based Little Eye Labs as its first take over in India.
- Former cricketer Kapil Dev was honoured with Life time achievement award by BCCI at its seventh annual awards ceremony.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins the FIFA Ballon’d Or award for the year 2013 after 4 years.
- Anju Bobby George Became the first Indian athlete to win Gold Medal at 2005 Monaco World Athletics Final, after her place was upgraded from second position.
- Virat kohli became the fastest batsman in the world to reach 18 ODI tons in 119 innings.
- Kenya’s Evan Ruto and Ethiopia’s Dinknesh Mekash won the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon for men and women respectively.
- Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first Indian and fourth overall to effect 300 dismissals in One Day International.
- New Zealand cricketer Corey Anderson scored the fastest century in ODI history from 36 balls breaking Shahid Afridi’s record.
- Indian Cricket team won the Under-19 Asia Cup by defeating Pakistan by 40 runs.
- Spanish tennis start Rafael Nadal won the Qatar Open in Doha by defeating Gael Monfils of France.
- Australia won the Ashes series by white-washing England 5-0.
- Aditya Joshi became the first male junior badminton player from India to be ranked top in the world.