Current Affairs November 2013 PDF Free Download
Current affairs are one of the most important part if you are preparing for any type of government Job or for an competitive exam. It is really very difficult for you to keep an eye on what is happening in the world. Though social media has increased the consumption of content by the readers still many people are unable to get benefit out of it. So to solve your problem and provide you with the latest information regarding the upcoming current affairs in Economy , Sports , Budgets , Scams , meets , events etc. we have created this PDF. The complete information is mentioned here as well as for you to download as pdf so that you can study it at anytime, If you will be needing anything or any other information do let us know so that we can help you.
- Iran on 18 November 2013 unveiled the biggest missile-equipped drone which has a range of 2000 km, which is going to enable it to cover a good amount of the Middle East region, including Israel. The drone named Fotros has an operational range of 2000 kilometres and has a capability to fly at an altitude of 25000 feet, with a flight time of 16 to 30 hours. The drone is capable of carrying out reconnaissance missions or launch air-to-surface missile strikes.
- India and Vietnam signed eight agreements on 20 November 2013 in areas of defence and security, oil exploration, civil aviation and scientific research. India will also assist Vietnam in the modernization and training of the defence and security forces of Vietnam and agreed to give a 100 million dollar line of credit to Vietnam for defence purchases. The agreements were signed by Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh and General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam, Nguyen Phu Trong in New Delhi after delegation level talks.
- India and Australia on 18 November 2013 signed two agreements in New Delhi during the visit of Foreign Minister of Australia, Julie Bishop to India. She was on four days visit to India for a 3 day trip, from 15 November to 18 November 2013.
- India and Russia on 18 November 2013 agreed to expand the range of strategic partnership in a significant manner in Moscow. The two countries are also going to hold a Joint Air Force Level exercise for the first time in 2014.
- A Sri Lankan Buddhist nationalist group today staged a protest against British Prime Minister David Cameron’s warning to institute an international inquiry into the alleged human rights violations during the war against the LTTE.
- Russia on 12 November 2013 successfully launched the Proton-M rocket carrying a defense satellite, Raduga-1M from its Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan
- NASA in November 2013 released a natural-color image of Saturn from space, the first in which Saturn, its moons and rings, and Earth, Venus and Mars, all are visible. The panoramic mosaic of the majestic Saturn system was taken by Cassini Spacecraft of the NASA. It shows the view that can be seen by the human eyes. It was unveiled at the Newseum in Washington on 12 November 2013.
- The Reserve Bank of India on 18 November 2013 has opened a 5000 crore rupees refinance window for MSME sector, for a period of one year to help ease the liquidity. The view of easing the liquidity stress to the Micro and Small Enterprises sector was taken by the RBI to provide refinance to the small Industrial Development Bank of India.
- Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson, Sonia Gandhi Jointly inaugurated India’s first all-women bank, Bharatiya Mahila Bank in Mumbai on 19 November 2013,marking the birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- The 44th International Film Festival of India (from 20 to 30 November 2013) has been organized by the IFFI Secretariat under the support of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, in collaboration with the Government of Goa.
- India on 18 November 2013 successfully test-fired the advanced version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the Pokhran test firing range in Rajasthan. The block III variant of BrahMos with deep penetration capability was test launched from a Mobile Autonomous Launcher (MAL). The missile after launch followed the predetermined trajectory and successfully pierced the designated concrete structure.
- On 12 November 2013, India declared itself free from Notifiable Avian Influenza (H5N1), which is also known as bird flu and also notified the same to World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
- A Silicon Valley jury on Thursday added $290 million more to the damages Samsung Electronics, which it has to pay to Apple for copying vital iPhone and iPad features.
- The Government has decided not to fill up the post of Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) to the Finance Minister.
- Nokia has claimed that once the sale of its business to Microsoft is finished, it is going to pay a minimum deposit of Rs.2,250 crore as tax, and the amount could be higher depending on the final sale price, but the counsel for the Income Tax Department informed the court that the tax liability of Nokia is nearly Rs.6,500 crore.
- The Jamaican sprinters, Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce were crowned the male and female World Athletes of the Year, 2013 on 16 November 2013. They were selected as the world athletes of the year by the sport’s governing IAAF at a ceremony in Monaco.
- Lionel Messi, the Barcelonan forward footballer on 20 November 2013 won the Golden Shoe award. Messi won the award in recognition of his 46 goals in 32 leagues appearances in the Europe’s domestic football league in the 2012-13 season.